- Free Whitepaper: Getting Started With Machine-to-Machine Device Connectivity (pdf download 381k)
- The Suitability of Ethernet in Motion Control, White Paper from Galil (html)
- Engineering Basics (pdf 226k)
- Achieving Your Accuracy Goals (Part 1) (pdf 20k)
- Achieving Your Accuracy Goals (Part 2) (pdf 380k)
- DC Motor Calculations (pdf 1242k)
- Thrust Calculations (pdf 32k)
- Designing with Electric Cylinders (pdf 345k)
- Introduction to Motion Control Technology (pdf 61k)
- Glossary of Terms (pdf 21k)
- Move Profile Calculations (pdf 30k)
- Free Smart Motion Cheat Sheet™: MSI Tec's Motion Cheat Sheet™ is the industry’s most popular motion control reference guide. Only six pages in length, the Cheat Sheet has absolutely every formula, every equation, and every conversion factor, plus back-up reference data and easy-to-follow tutorials to help you understand, factor in, and calculate the value for every aspect of a smart motion control system. Register now to receive your free Smart Motion Cheat Sheet.
- Converter: converts practically every type of measurement: temperature, mass, torque, pressure, distance, flow and more. (zip 167k)
Links to Useful Documents
- Do I Need A Managed Switch?: a free article explaining when to implement managed switches in your industrial network. Written by Marty Huff, MSI Tec's Director of Computing Solutions.
- The Hardware Book: a free collection of connector pinouts and cable descriptions