Industries We Serve
- Factory Automation
- Renewable Energy
- Power Generation
- Intelligent Transportation
- Food and Beverage
Products You Need
- Servo Motion Control and PLCs
- Clean room rated Robots
- Sensors and Safety
- Packaging, Machine Tending, Assembly
- Intelligent Conveying / track-and-trace
- Industrial Networking and Communications
- Long life cycle Computing Hardware
Brands You Trust
There exists a vast array of automated medical devices on the market today – everything from production lines that make disposable plastic parts, machined implant hardware, and surgery tools, to computerized patient “infotainment” systems, CAT/PET scanners, and even fully-automated telepresence surgery robots. A few common requirements exist across this vast industry:
- Data Collection and Validation. Tracking the simple things, like that a certain part was made on a certain machine, and tested to a certain specification on a certain date – becomes very important when lives (and lawsuits) are on the line. Machine intelligence, the IIOT, and database connectivity of control systems is critical.
- Long life-cycle. Commonly these machines or processes are FDA-certified and would require re-certification (an expensive and time-consuming process) if a replacement item must be crossed-over for something different. Machine OEMs must select hardware with guaranteed availability for years (or even decades) to be able to support their customers.
- Sanitary Operation. In a hospital environment cross-contamination is a very real danger, and anything patient- or professional-facing must be able to be thoroughly cleaned, used with gloved hands, and obviously cannot create any sort of debris.